“Let your heart guide you. It whispers softly, so listen closely” ~ unknown
Reviewing my (very few) September posts, I realized how similar they are.
Not surprisingly, the image that accompanies today’s post is a continuation of that theme.
So I’m questioning myself…am I in a rut or is this my creative “voice”?
I sincerely hope it is the latter because I do (very much) enjoy combining an image and suitable post-processing (textures, blending modes, etc.) with a complementary quote.
– Woohoo, yeah, I kinda like this photo…
– Hmmm, can I find a quote that will work with this image?
– Search my local quote database and internet sites for a suitable quote…
– Woohoo (again!)…a few possibilities…
– Of those, what key words or phrases best emphasize the image?
– Now the fun part: choosing the typography—fonts, colors, sizes, etc. (fyi, I usually use one serif and one sans serif font and then vary font size and opacity to help emphasize key words and ideas within the quote).
– Resulting, finally, in a photo/post-processing/quotation combination that is, truly, creatively me…
Posted for Kim Klassen’s Texture Tuesday. Image was processed with one layer of Kim’s Colton texture set to multiply at 50% opacity. Fonts: English and Century Gothic.