10 “Kitchen-y” Things
This post is in response to Shimelle’s “10 things on the tenth” meme. Find more 10-item lists here and feel free to add one of your own.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Over the years, I’ve spent a good deal of time in the kitchen, experimenting with new recipes, odd ingredients, and the occasional new tool or technique. Though I’ve had my fair share of failed recipes, many of my attempts have become permanent additions to our family’s menus.
There are few things I still want to learn how to do –
1. Crack an egg with just one hand (without breaking the yolk)
2. Toss pizza dough (instead of rolling it out)
3. Turn a pancake (or an egg) by tossing it in the air and then catching it in the pan
…a few recipes I want to try –
4. A standing rib roast and associated fixings
5. A meringue-topped pie (though I can’t abide meringue, it is SO pretty)
…one or two things I’ve been told to never do again –
6. Liver, bacon, and onions
7. Tuna-noodle casserole
8. Brussel sprouts or anything involving cooked cabbage
…and a few other things I have absolutely no interest in attempting –
9. Beets or watermelon – just. not. interested.
10. Lobster – I’ll get mine at a restaurant, thanks!
What’s on your kitchen to-do (or not-to-do) list?